Thursday, April 2, 2009
...education
So the other day I realized that I have 2 semesters left... and then what? Do I decide to go out and work and all that grand stuff or do I go and get my Masters in Architecture? There will obviously need to be more thought put into this problem before I can decide what to do. First, the economy is really against me going out and getting a job right after school. Currently it is tough enough just to get a summer job. Many of my friends in studio are having a difficult time getting a job. It may be a summer of sitting around and wishing/hoping for a job. I guess I'm lucky enough to have a job to go back to from last summer. What if I decide to go back to school for my masters? Well, that's all great but my parents won't be helping me with this and if I don't have a job, I can't afford to go to school, so this puts me in a tough situation.... Do I borrow a chunk of change and then hope to pay it off with some sort of high paying job that I won't be able to get? Oh geez, things do NOT look promising in the future. Well that's all for now. It's class time :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Alot of Masters programs have assistantships and paid tuition scholarships. They WANT you to get their degree (often so that they can employ you to do other things - such as teach or work labs - cheap). There are also these cool things called student loans . . . Look into it BEFORE you write it off! You might be surprised at how doable it is. If architecture is like any other field, it's better to have a higher degree. And, yes, employment possibilities likely suck right now. And, personally, I think more school is never enough school. Keep feeding your brain. Always. :)
ReplyDelete